Monday, February 9, 2009

Baileigh goes to the doctor!

Hi everyone! It's Lindsay again...well after the scare we had last week when Baileigh stopped breathing due to choking on her spit up, we went back to the doctor for her one week check up. When Baileigh was born, she weighed 7 lbs. .06 oz (which they just rounded to 7 lbs. even). Last week at the doctor, she weighed 6.5 lbs. and today she was 6 lbs. 14 oz...so she gained 6 oz. since last week! She's been eating like a pig, so I wasn't surprised!

We've had a few long nights of her not wanting to sleep when mommy and daddy are ready to go to sleep. We were sure last night was going to be another one of those nights! However, we were very surprised when she went to sleep at 2 am, she didn't wake up until 6:30! After a short feeding, she went back to sleep around 7:15 and didn't get up until 9:45!!! Boy what awesome sleep Johnny and I got!

So, all in all, things are great! She's adjusting herself to our life really well. Of course, we've adjusted our lives to her here and there, too! =)

I did take her to the studio to take her pictures on Friday when she turned a week old. I haven't had time to go back in and edit them yet, so I don't have those to show right now. But I have snapped a few to share...enjoy!




My mom always said that when you see babies this small smiling like she is, it's because she can still hear the angels talking to her...she must have heard something funny! Isn't she beautiful!!!






ok ok...maybe she looks like Johnny...a LITTLE!!!



I love my daddy! (earlier today waiting to be called into the doctor's office)

4 comments:

Greatest Auntie Sharon said...

Dear Baileigh,
Your Mommy and Daddy keeping this blog is allowing all of us down here to keep up with you. You are a masterpiece from our Lord. As iI have always told your Mommy when she was growing up. Don't ever forget how much you are loved.

Anonymous said...

She is soooo adorable!! I love all the pictures=) She looks like both of you, I think....but like you in the one of her on Johnny's shoulder. I know you are so smitten;)

Kim said...

She is adorable!! Hugs to you both!

Anonymous said...

LIndsay,she's soooo precious! Can't wait to meet her! I really miss having an infant....they are just perfect, you can see God stamped all over them!

christina k